Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Career Day

Today, we had career day. Career day was helpful for me in a few ways. The thing that I found out most interesting and helpful is the Youth Employment Service. Learning about what they have to offer really encouraged me to want and go out and start finding a job, and plus the service is right down the street from my house. The presentation I liked most was the one about model making. I thought it was pretty cool learning about the benefits of that job and how fun it is. There were no presentations I really disliked. Some were more interesting to me than others, but they were all worth seeing and hearing about. As of right now I am not really doing to much to figure out what my career will be because before today, I didn't really know the steps to take. After learning about YES, I've decided that it would be a smart and beneficial move for me to go there and have them help me out. This summer, I hope to be working. I currently have a job offer to work as a hostess at a restaurant down the street from my house. I'm really considering taking it, but I'd like to have the opportunity to explore my other options first. After I graduate high school, I should have a job I am comfortable with by then. I plan on working, but taking a small break from school, and then going to college and pursuing my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment