Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Different Schools I've Been To

I have gone to quite a few different schools since I started high school. The first high school I attended was Newport Harbor High School. At the time, I had just moved to the Newport/Mesa area, and didn't really know very many people. I was not happy at all that I had to go to Newport Harbor, and I was a little nervous as well. I attended there for most of my freshman year. During that time, I made some friends, but even still I wish I hadn't moved down here. At Harbor, I started out getting decent grades, but by the end of my time there, I had almost all failing grades. That is when they decided to send me to Access.

I ended up going to 2 different Access sites. The first one was Santiago Creek in Santa Ana. That was probably my favorite place out of all of the schools I've been to so far. When I got there, I already knew a lot of the people, and I liked most of the new people I met. I went to the day school program, so I still went 5 days a week. I had a lot of fun there, and I wish I never left. The down side to this school, was that it was year round, so they went pretty much all summer. I had to go to school all summer last summer, which was a total bummer. It wasn't completely horrible though, and I was still able to have a good time there, as well as a good summer.

The second Access site I went to was only for a few months. I went to the Access on Victoria. I didn't attend the day school here, but instead I did independent studies. I didn't like it very much, and found it to be pretty boring. After that I transferred to Halstrom High School, which is a similar kind of program. After a couple months there, I decided that it wasn't for me and that I wanted to go to Back Bay so that I wouldn't be so bored doing work at home. Since coming to Back Bay, my grades have gone up, and so far I'd say I like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment